Travel to Maldives at Ease! No Negative PCR Test Required After Second Dose of Vaccine
Travel to #Maldives has become easier! No negative PCR test required for tourists who #VisitMaldives two weeks (14 days) after administration of their 2nd dose of COVID-19 vaccine, revealed Ministry of Tourism.
Minister of Tourism, Dr. Abdulla Mausoom also revealed that Maldives will initiate vaccine tourism, which will see tourists arriving in Maldives for vaccinations against COVID-19. When the entire population of Maldives completes the vaccination, then Maldives will move on to the 3V program; visit, vaccinate, vacation initiative, stated the Minister.
Minister further added that with the administration of the COVID-19 vaccination drive for tourism sector employees, Maldives now expects to welcome 1.5 million tourist arrivals in 2021. With this, the destination will also achieve the target of 10 million bed nights in 2021.
Maldives commenced the nation wide vaccination program on 1st February 2021. The first round of the vaccination in the Maldives has seen the rollout of Covishield vaccine. The “Covishield” brand vaccine administered, is developed by the Serum Institute of India (SII) and had the same formula as the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine.
Two shots of the vaccine are required to complete the dosage, with 4-12 weeks required between the two shots. Health Emergency Operation Centre (HEOC) stated the second dose will be administered 8 weeks after the first dose.
Maldives reopened borders to all nationalities from 15th July 2020. All visitors are granted a 30-day free on-arrival visa with a confirmed booking for a stay at any registered tourist facility in the country.
Maldives has also extended ‘Split Stay’ for all types of tourist accommodation facilities, allowing tourists to split their stay between resort, hotels, guesthouses and liveaboard boats, with prior approval as per split-stay procedure and guideline by the Ministry of Tourism.
While there is no mandatory quarantine or testing on arrival, tourists traveling to Maldives are required to complete an online health declaration form which has to be submitted online via IMUGA (www.imuga.immigration.gov.mv), by all arriving passengers before arrival (but not exceeding 24 hours before arrival time).
Steps that you need to before you travel to Maldives.
1) You need to get a COVID test negative report 72 hours prior to departure from ICMR approved Lab. You will find the List of ICMR approved Labs on the below link-
2) Fill up the IMUGA form ( while going and coming back from Maldives ). The Link for the IMUGA Form is given below. You need to fill this form within 24 hrs prior to your travel. This needs to be done both while departure and arrival both.
3) Mandatory download of Arogya Setu App (India) and TraceEkee App (Maldives)
4) Air Suvidha form for flying back to India. You need to fill the Self Reporting Form as well as Exemption Request Form at least 72 hrs before your Arrival in India. Please find below the Link for your reference for both the Forms-
5) COVID test done again at the resort with negative report for flying back to india (payable directly at the resort). OR You can also get this test done at the Mumbai Airport on arrival, quarantine yourself at the Airport Hotel till the time you get your Negative Test Results (Takes around 4-6 hrs) and then you can proceed home.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Shop No:2 , Mohan Apartments ,Near Dmart, Versova,Mumbai -400061
Dubai Office :
P.O.BOX 487808, Dubai, UAE
+971585-XPLORE(975673)| +971545047450| +971545046557
*Mr Amit Thadani* wa.me/919819875334
*Mr Jagannath Malekar * wa.me/918689999988
*Mr Mahendra Bhabal * wa.me/918652355533
*Ms Disha Tirmal *. wa.me/919819875692
Follow us & read a book full of travel💁🏻♀ -